My Shop!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Buttermilk Berry Bundt Cake (reduced fat)

This cake is very moist with all of the fruit in it and along with reduced fat buttermilk.  People sometimes ask how I stay thin when I eat things like bacon.  Well I believe in balance and staying active. I also prepare recipes with substitutions that equal out to fewer calories and fat in the dish.  It just goes to show you can have your cake and eat it too.


Mix one Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White Cake Mix with 3/4 cup of cholesterol and fat free egg product1 cup of reduced fat buttermilk, & 4 oz of Applesnax Applesauce with Strawberries on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Fold in one can of Oregon Fruit Products Berry Combo in Light Syrup (drained and reserving juice to use for glaze later).  Poor into a bundt pan that has been sprayed with a non stick butter flavored spray and bake in a350 F degree preheated oven for 37 to 43 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.

For glaze mix 1 cup of confectioners /powdered sugar with 3 tbs of reduced fat buttermilk2 tbs of canned berry juice, 1/4 tsp of lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.  Drizzle over cake after it has cooled a bit.  Store cake in refrigerator until ready to serve.  I ate mine warm since I couldn't wait and it was delicious.  You could always warm up cake before serving in microwave for a few seconds if you prefer it hot.  I also topped mine with a little strawberry light whipped cream, optional.

To see where I party, Check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. This sounds fabulous! I love making substitutions to allow me to eat what I want! This is a great use for extra berries in the summer too! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

  2. Yummy.. I love cakes..
    Thanks for linking up!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.