My Shop!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Dived at the Gold'N Silver Inn as seen on Food Network's Diners Drive Inns & Dives


http://goldnsilverreno.com/specials/

We just enjoyed lunch at the Gold' N Silver Inn as seen on Diners Drive Ins and Dives.  Gold' N Silver Inn has been a Reno landmark for over 50 years and is known for delicious casual family dining.  They had so many excellent choices on the menu, my eyes were certainly bigger then my stomach.  My husband and I eventually decided, he ordered the tri-tip sandwich with mahogany sauce with a side of potato salad and I ordered the meatloaf sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy.  Of course you know I just had to sample everything on my husbands plate.  The mahogany sauce was sweet and delicious and just perfect with the tender tri-tip.  The potato salad reminded me instantly of my mom's homemade potato salad.  Good gravy they aren't playing around with the gravy.  Thank goodness it was tasty because I had enough for a whole turkey on my plate.  My meatloaf plate came with a steak knife but it was totally unnecessary since it was very tender.  No complaints though here, this diners food was just like its staff, warm and inviting.  My husband, our  17 month old, and I all left very satisfied.  It was good old fashioned comfort food, the kind Granny use to make.  I certainly see why Guy Fieri from the Food Network just had to visit this local treasure.  Just check out the pics I downloaded, the proof is all over my sons face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.