My Shop!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bacon Fried Chicken by Grandmereb Lovestobake!

Chicken, good, gravy, good, add a whole pound of bacon, even better!  My fellow RWOPer, known as Grandmereb Lovestobake, came up with this super tasty indulgent dish, and I just love her for it.  Her Bacon Fried Chicken Recipe sure caught my eye.  I know you bacon lovers will agree, this is one to be added to the recipe box.  Thank you so much for sharing Grandmereb Lovestobake!  She has a lot of other wonderful recipes at the Real Women of Philadelphia you can check out, including a cake that just wowed me.  It is called a Philly Fantasy Snowball Cake and as you can see it looks like a big version of those snack cakes we grew up with.

 Living in a winter wonderland myself here in Northern California in the Sierra Mountains, this is surly a "snowball" I wouldn't mind anytime of the year.  Keep making those wonderful dishes girl, you really know how to bring some good old comfort food to the table.  Do I see some Turkey Fried Chicken in the near future for you, I hope so.  :)  You can also check out her great food blog at the link below.

Bacon Fried Chicken
Prep time: 1 hour 10 minutes       Cook time: 50 minutes      Total time: 1 hour 60 minutes    Servings: 6
  • 2 1/2 cup(s) of milk, divided (into 1 cup and 1 ½ cups)
  • 1 egg
  • 5 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened (divided into 3oz & 2oz portions)
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts (approx.3 lbs)
  • 3/4 cup(s) of plus 2 tablespoons flour, divided
  • 3/4 cup(s) of Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
  • 2 tbsp. of Paula Deen House Seasoning
  • 1 good pinch cayenne pepper
  • 1 pound(s) of lean meaty bacon
  1. Use blender to combine 1 cup of milk, egg, and 3 oz cream cheese. Place chicken pieces glass dish and pour in this blended mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
  2. In a medium size bowl, mix flour, panko, Paula Deen House Seasoning, and cayenne. Remove chicken from and dredge chicken pieces in flour –panko mixture; shake off excess. Let set while you fry up the chopped bacon in a large, heavy frying pan. When crispy, remove and drain on paper towel.
  3. Arrange breaded chicken pieces in a single layer and cook covered over medium-low heat, checking and turning as chicken browns, 50 minutes, or until chicken is tender and tests done. Remove chicken from the skillet & drain on paper towels.
  4. Make country gravy: Use pan drippings and add 2 tablespoons flour, stirring until it turns golden brown. Add 1½ cups milk and freshly cracked pepper to taste, and stir well until the flour is incorporated into the milk. Cook about 5 to 10 minutes, until the flour taste cooks out. Add the other 2 oz. of cream cheese and blend into melted, add the crispy bacon bits.
  5. To serve: Place cooked chicken on a pretty serving platter and pour country gravy over it and serve!


  1. Awwwwwww! You made me feel sooooooo proud and so special today Mindi! Thank you for what you said about me and my recipes and for posting both the Bacon fried chicken recipe and for talking about and showing a picture of my Philly Fantasy Snowball Cake! You are just so sweet!

    Love you girlfriend!
    BTW--you can leave my name as in the RWoP community--that's just fine by me. However, hopefully you know that I am Donna Bardocz.

    My best to you always!

  2. Yes, I know your name, since I found you on Facebook. It was an honor posting on you. I don't think there is a person out there who can't help and smile when they look at that cake of yours. Thanks again for sharing and for putting a smile on my face.

  3. That was amazing! What a great feature. Something to cherish forever!!!

  4. You can throw that snowball my way anytime!
    Fried Chicken n Bacon!!!! Woo Hoo!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.