My Shop!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chocolate Dipped or Not Strawberry Cookies

My husband once made me chocolate dipped strawberries and they were so good.  I was wanting to make something special for him since he had been working so hard at work and I thought how about a cookie that looks like a chocolate dipped strawberry.  Well these cookies were super easy and fun to make.  You can make them to look dipped or not, it's up to you.  I made a variety of both.  I love that this is one the kids can have fun making too since the strawberries don't have to be perfect.  Strawberries just like people come in all different shapes and sizes, so let the kids have fun with this one.  Just remember to keep the cookies on each cookie sheet about the same size and thickness so they will cook evenly.  Make sure you have lots of red food coloring on hand.  The base of this recipe is a strawberry cake mix but it still takes a lot of red food coloring to make them red.  I honestly wish mine were a little darker red but I had ran out of coloring.  Four boxes of food coloring and everyone was just about out of red.  Can you tell I make a lot of Christmas cookies each year, lol.  Well I better stock back up before Christmas, I know these won't last that long.

This post is linked to:

http://alli-n-son.com/2011/05/19/chocolate-chip-muffins/

5 comments:

  1. These cookies are adorable! So cute - and I'm guessing they taste awesome too. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us...and thanks for hosting the smackdown. I'm excited about it. Love your cute blog & title!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these are absolutely beautiful! Almost too cute to eat! :) Thanks for participating the Smackdown Battle. Best of luck to you.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that these start with a cake mix. Have you tried the gel food coloring? A little goes a long way and you don't need so much. I have to make these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! Doesn't everyone love strawberries and cocolate! Just a divine taste to send the taste buds twingling!
    http://yvettesblogs.com/2011/03/03/princess-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! I'm stumbling your lovely recipe. Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.