My Shop!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Easy Chicken Fried Steak

This chicken fried steak only has 4 ingredients not counting the white country gravy and hash browns I chose to serve with it.  My picky eight year old eater could not get enough.  I was astonished the next day that the scales said I had lost weight, since I was feeling a little guilty for indulging in this one.  It was then that I started thinking maybe the chicken fried steak in the past always seemed to make me feel bloated because of all the added salt restaurants tend to put in the breading and in the gravy.  I used only a tiny pinch in the breading since I knew the country gravy would add the salt it needed.  So this once forbidden pleasure at my house will now see some more frequency on the Hilton menu.  Hope you will give this easy dish a try.  I couldn't resist snapping this shot of Joshua with gravy on his nose.  What a cute mess.


Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.