My Shop!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Harvest Dressing (oh yes, with bacon!)

    This dressing (not stuffing) since it is not going into a bird, is easy, nutritious, and delicious.  My husband called me from work today requesting me to prepare something for a potluck they were throwing together at work.  I typically bake my dressing so that it gets nice and crispy on top.  However since I knew this would have to be reheated in a microwave at work, I decided to embrace my stove top and forget the oven.  With that in mind this is not your typical "Stove Top" stuffing mix.  Which I love by the way, however it's flavors are so familiar to everyone, that I hate using it during such an important holiday.  I love that by making my own, I can cut back on the sodium and fat, and make it a little bit healthier of a side dish, on a day abundant with tasty pleasures.  This dressing is full of flavor with bacon, sauteed onions, celery, corn, apples, dried cranberries, cherries, spiced apple butter, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper, and no sodium added stock.  I love the poultry seasoning, it can sure be a real money and time saver.  It is filled with all those flavors I love at Thanksgiving, with sage, rosemary, thyme, and nutmeg.  I hope you will give my "stove top" dressing a try.  If you like you can always prepare it in an oven at 325 degrees for 25 minutes covered, then 5 minutes more uncovered to get nice and crispy.
 http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Community/Harvest-Dressing

1 comment:

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.