My Shop!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Poem by Mindie Hilton & Our Thanksgiving Menu

           Casserole of Thanks by Mindie Hilton
As Fall brings on the Winter cold.  I find my heart warming up with joy.  Another year has come and gone.  But memories were made, to last a lifetime long.  I reflect on days and weeks gone by, good friends, good food, mounds of pie.  It is time to give thanks, for friends old and friends new.  For the many wonderful blessings God has given you.  Sometimes days were long and hard, and at times bleak.  But in the end our friendships did reap.  For when I needed assurance that I wasn't alone, a friend would come along and help me weather the storm.  It is one of life's blessings to have friends you can trust.  It is today, in my heart, I find words not enough.  So lets sit and gather, hold hands, say grace, enjoy some good food, and slow down the pace.  For it's Thanksgiving day, a time spent with family and friends, a day to hold special, until the very end.  Let me reassure you, no matter the distance, when we carve that turkey, in our hearts you'll be with us.  For friendship knows no distance, when you touch someones heart, it leaves a lasting impression, and that's the best part.

    Hilton Thanksgiving Menu

Outdoor Roasted Citrus & Sage Turkey
Harvest Dressing with Bacon & Cherries
Mozzarella & Bacon Green Bean Casserole
Simple Philly & Garlic Mashed Potatoes 
Savory Sauteed Onion & Spiced Apple Butter Gravy
Sweet Potato Corn Bread Muffins with Maple Compound Butter
Fried Apple & Cranberry Salad with Cinnamon & Orange Zest 
Individual Cream & Crescent Topped Spiced Pumpkin Custards
Light & Toasty Pumpkin Spiced Eggnog 

As you can see, I have my hands full.  But it is a labor of love.  Thank you to all of my followers. I will be sure to post many more pics after Thanksgiving to share our fun feast.  May you fill your tummies and hearts this beautiful Thanksgiving with all things good.


Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.