My Shop!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Bacon Upside Down Cake!

I just got this cast iron enameled skillet for Christmas. I love it, boy does it sure make going from stove top to oven easier, as with this recipe.
  I made this impressive giant family size flapjack or pancake for breakfast yesterday.  It was so good, we ended up making it again for dinner.  Super easy, all you need is bacon, pancake mix, brown sugar, and maple syrup to top it with (butter optional).  The brown sugar adds some nice crunch on top and goes perfectly with the salty bacon.  I will be making this one again and again over the years for sure.  I kept ours a little healthier by using a reduced sodium bacon and by using a heart healthy pancake mix.  Although my son used real maple syrup, I used sugar free Mrs. Butter-Worth's, my favorite brand when it comes to sugar free, and skipped the butter.  For my complete recipe check out the link below.  This is an easy recipe with only 4 ingredients and ready in 30 minutes including prep and bake time.  So why not impress your family with a giant upside down bacon cake at your next brunch. 

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Community/Bacon-Upside-Down-Cake

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.