My Shop!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Baked Potato Bacon Soup

I garnished my bowl with a pretty curly piece of of bacon and some parsley flakes.

This is an actual chunky "baked" in your oven baked potato soup.

   Another super easy dish to get you through this busy week before Christmas. This taste extra good on a cold night.  Now let me tell you a little secret, this home cook hates pealing potatoes, probably because as a child I was my mom's little sue chef that always got stuck with potato pealing duty.  Don't worry, if you are like me and hate pealing and chopping veggies, this soup is made with a frozen bag of Potatoes O' Brien with peppers and onions in the mix.  Now of course if you have leftover potatoes after the holiday that you would like to use up, you could make your own Potatoes O' Brien mix with a little extra prep time. 
    Depending on portion size, this could be a cup of soup side dish, or a large bowl as I enjoyed for dinner last night with my husband who had a second helping, he was so pleased.  If you want this to go from a chunky soup to a baked scalloped potato recipe, easy, just reduce milk from 2 1/2 cups to 3/4 a cup or maybe a little more, depending on how thick you like your scalloped potatoes.  From main course to side, no matter how you choose to do it, you can't go wrong with potatoes, bacon, and cheese. 


Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.