My Shop!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Crumbly Apple Bake

   This was our Christmas dessert this year, among cookies,  home made chocolate candy, and fudge.  It just wouldn't be Christmas time with out baking up something sweet with apples and cinnamon.  This dessert taste and looks like you made it from scratch but it is actually very easy to prepare.  A store bought french vanilla cake mix is the base for the recipe, the only other ingredients you will need is butter, flower, caramel apple pie filling, almond extract, cinnamon, and 1 egg.  I love this dessert served hot from the oven with french vanilla ice cream.  If you want a chewy fruit bar, serve it straight from the fridge.  This dessert for me is something I consider to be comfort food.  I hope you will give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. Mindi.. I LOV this recipe idea! HazzardInTheKitchen~~~wink


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.