My Shop!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Light and Toasty Eggnog

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Community/Light---Toasty-Eggnog

I love eggnog, but even the light store bought brands are a little high in the calorie department, for a beverage, in my opinion.  This is only about 60 calories per a serving, that is including a serving of whipped light cream ( french vanilla flavored) on top.  Not to mention that this is a generous 7 ounce serving, not a 4 ounce or 1/2 cup serving, that they suggest on the store bought brands.  I like to enjoy mine hot, since I live in chilly Northern California. It is cholesterol free too, since I use a cholesterol fat free egg product instead of real eggs.  You could always turn this into a light cocktail too, by omitting the imitation rum extract and using a shot of the real thing.  This eggnog is so light, I won't feel bad stealing a cookie or two, or three from Santa's plate this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.