My Shop!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Melted Snowman Cookies

   I saw an adorable melted snowman cookie on another great blog by Megan and Steph, friends, and sister in laws who have a blog called "crazy domestic".  I knew I just had to try making these cute cookies with my son Joshua.  I had some sugar cookie dough that I had made about a week ago in the freezer.  You could always do these with a store bought sugar cookie dough too.  You want to make the cookies pretty flat and big so that they will resemble a melted snowman.  The face is a marshmallow.  The inspiration cookie had a slightly melted marshmallow on top, I decide to skip this part since it was easier for my son to decorate a cold marshmallow. The icing on the cookie is a store bought fluffy white frosting.  The rest of the colors for nose, eyes, buttons, scarfs, bows, and mouth are all just food coloring, powdered sugar, and a little water.  We put the colored icing in zip lock plastic bags and snipped with scissors one corner to apply the decorations.  It would have been a little easier and probably turned out a bit nicer if we had bought tubes of decorator frosting but I was trying to use what I had on hand to save a little money.  My 8 year old son and I made these together.  Thanks again to Megan and Steph at the "crazy domestic" for the great idea.  Hope you will make some melted snowman cookies this holiday season to enjoy too.  Next time we do these, I think I will try using some pretzels for arms,  rope candy for scarves,  Mini M&Ms for the buttons, and maybe a large gumdrop with some icing for a snow cap hat.  My favorite part about this recipe is how creative you can be with it.  Not every snowman has to be like the other.  This is a great recipe to get your kids involved in, especially at this time of year.  I know here in Northern California we have plenty of opportunities to make real snowman, but maybe that is not possible where you are at but you can certainly make these fun, easy, adorable cookies.  I know I love baking, just as much as I love bacon,  but if baking is not your thing, purchase some large store bought sugar cookies and make this cookie a no bake treat.
http://www.crazydomestic.com/2010/12/melted-snowman-cookies.html

While you are here, check out our Giveaway Page.

To see where I party, check out my Linky Love Page.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Can those be any cuter?!

    What would you do with a $75 gift card?  I have a  giveaway on my blog right now for just that!  

    Come on over and enter!  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for fun cookies! I will have to try them. Thank you for sharing!

    I am your newst follower and write about child nutrition (picky eating, making homemade baby food, family recipes, etc) as Dietitian with a holistic approach.

    Best, Clancy
    http://healthybabybeans.blogspot.com/2011/10/pumpkin-apple-bread-with-flax-chia-oat.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I did a version of melted snowmen cookies. Totally different than yours, but I love yours!!! The expressions are great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.