My Shop!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sloppy Joe Slop Sloppy Joe

    For those of you doing a lot of cooking on Christmas, you might want an easy recipe to add to your menu for earlier in the week.  This way you will have some rest and relaxation time or maybe just some added free time to be a good Santa's helper and do some gift wrapping or last minute shopping.  I know on Christmas Eve, a tradition that was started in my mother in laws home, is to have slow cooked sandwiches.  You can put a pork or beef roast in your slow cooker on low, with BBQ sauce,  in the morning and have pulled meat sandwiches for dinner.  Tasty, easy, and leaving you time to get last minute things done.  You could always use chicken or turkey breast too if you like.
    OK, back to "Sloppy Joe Slop Sloppy Joe", as I like to sing Adam Sandler's Lunch Lady Sloppy Joe song in my head as I make this easy dish.  Of course, these sandwiches are tasty, and don't remind me at all of the not so tantalizing sandwich described in Adam's music video.  This is by far my favorite recipe for Sloppy Joes that I have ever tried, not to toot my own horn, but toot toot!  It is really tasty and easy, which makes it a win win in my book.  It is also the perfect balance of sweet and spicy with sweet pineapple and brown sugar in the sauce and hot Italian sausage as the meat.  The complete recipe can be found at the link below as well as a link for Adam Sandler's Lunch Lady Sloppy Joe video, just for some holiday giggles and destressing.
I always love a recipe that can be completed in minutes on the stove top and all in one saute pan too, can I get a "hallelujah  amen  testify" from my fellow dishwashers out there!

This recipe was so easy, I even had no problem pulling it off with my" little helper" at my side.  He found it so easy, he thought he would make it a little more challenging and try doing it all while balancing this breakable bowl on his head.  At least he had devoured all of the mac n cheese mommy had put in the bowl for him  first.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again Mindie for a great recipe....I used to love Sloppy Joes as a kid and for some reason never had them again...maybe this weekend... Your boys are too cute!!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.