My Shop!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Turkey & Dumplings Healthy Comfort Food on a Cold Day

    I think all to often comfort food is associated with being bad for you.  It doesn't have to be a guilty pleasure.  Just look at this Turkey & Dumplings, made with 93/7 % lean all natural ground turkey, low sodium organic chicken broth, lots of veggies including no salt added corn, potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery.  A warm bowl of this will feed your body and your soul.  This tasted oh so good last night, on a cold and rainy evening.  It tasted even better this morning, after struggling to get my car door open, as I was taking my boy to school.  It ended up taking both of us to get the frozen iced over car door open. I guess I need to remember to park the car in the garage from now on.
    If winter has you feeling cold and blue, try making this incredibly easy recipe for dinner.  I love that everything goes into one large pot, so easy clean up.  I used canned biscuits for the dumplings and a bag of VIP Home Fixin's Vegetables for Stew, so no veggies to wash and chop.  You will end up with about 12 cups of this delicious Turkey and Dumplings, serving 6 to 8 depending on your portion size.  I had no trouble eating two cups of it myself last night.  I made no sides to go with it, since it had our protein, dairy, starch, and veggies all in one great dish.  http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Community/Turkey---Dumplings

1 comment:

  1. We are on the same page....looks delicious and so healthy. This will be on the menu soon!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.