My Shop!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Butterscotch Cheesecake in Bacon Cups by Dee Guelcher

   Well if you were like me, you  had so many sweets around the holidays that you thought you just couldn't eat anymore.  However then a week goes by, and your sweet tooth says other wise.  That is what I have found happening to me.  I have been trying to  resist the urge to bake something sweet to eat.  I don't know if I will be able to help myself much longer.  Especially when I have fabulous recipes to dream about like Dee Guelcher's Butterscotch Cheesecake in Bacon Cups.  Well you probably know that I am a fan of bacon, and butterscotch has always had a place in my heart.  I still remember having my first butterscotch candy at my Great Aunts house, she seemed to always have a bowl of them somewhere.  Well Dee is a fellow Real Woman of Philadelphia and now a fine bacon connoisseur like myself.  Thanks Dee for sharing your great recipe with us here at Bacon Time. 

Butterscotch Cheesecake in Bacon Cups
Servings: Makes 12
15 strips of Sugardale Ready Bacon®
4 oz. cream cheese
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
¼ cup butterscotch chips
1. Cut 1/4 of bacon off slice. Take long strips and round in
mini muffin pans. Dice remaining bacon.
2. Place some diced bacon on bottom of tin.
3. Melt chips in microwave. Carefully watch and stir to
ensure it does not burn.
4. In a bowl, mix room temperature cream cheese, brown
sugar, vanilla, and egg. Whisk in melted butterscotch. Add
reserved chopped bacon.
5. Spoon cream cheese into bacon “Cups”.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy! What a great taste…Smokey bacon and creamy
cheesecake…with Butterscotch? Delicious


Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.