My Shop!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pantry Raid for This Mexican Calzone

  One thing I try to do at least a few times a month is prepare a delicious meal with out going to the store and buying any special ingredients.  I call this my "pantry raid" when I have to come up with something only using things on hand from my spice rack to my cabinet full of canned food.  Today for a lunch time "pantry raid" I came up with a Mexican Calzone.  This green chile cheesy chicken calzone was super easy and tasty.  It can be ready to bake in minutes and kept me from making another trip to the store. I hope you will get inspired to save a little money and raid your own pantry for a quick, tasty, and easy meal.   Here is how I did it.

<><><><>
<>
<><><><>

All Ingredients:
  • 1 crust Pilsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust
  • 1/4 teaspoon(s) McCormick Garlic Powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon(s) McCormick Oregano Leaves
  • 1/4 teaspoon(s) McCormick Onion Powder
  • 1 tablespoon(s) Yellow Corn Meal
  • 2 cup(s) Fully Cooked Chopped Chicken Breast
  • 4 Deli Slices Sharp cheddar cheese
  • 10 oz(s) Mild Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
Number of servings: 4
Instructions:Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. On a cookie sheet lined
 with parchment paper put your tbs. of corn meal.
 Roll out your crust on top of corn meal and flip it to coat slightly on
 both sides. Now sprinkle what will be the inside of
your crust with your McCormick seasonings. Lay your sliced cheese
 down in center and add your chicken and 1/2 can
or about 5 ounces of enchilada sauce. Fold crust over and press edges
 with fork to seal and help prevent leakage.You
can do an egg wash to make crust extra pretty by brushing crust with
1 whisked egg (optional). Pierce 3 times top of
crust with a knife not all the way through. Bake in the center of your
preheated oven for 20 minutes or until crust is
done and golden brown. You can heat the remaining enchilada sauce
 in a microwave safe bowl and serve on the side.
 Garnish calzone with fresh or dry chopped parsley for color (optional).
Serve sour cream on the side (optional).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.