My Shop!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Rustic Chicken Pot Pie

 This Rustic Chicken Pot Pie was so easy and
 surprisingly good.  I hate to admit it but I had
 to stop myself from eating the entire thing.
 I rarely have seconds but with this pie I had
 thirds.   All you need to do is heat up all of your
ingredients  (except pie crust and shredded cheese)
in a cast iron skillet for 15 minutes on medium
heat (or until it starts to boil).  Then roll out crust
and top with cheese.  Pierce crust with a knife
a few times to vent.  Bake for 20 minutes in the 
center of a 425 F degree oven.  Garnish with
parsley, optional.
All Ingredients:
  • 1 crust Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust
  • 1 teaspoon(s) McCormick Poultry Seasoning
  • 4 cup(s) Fully Cooked Chopped Chicken Breast
  • 12 oz(s) Mixed Frozen Vegetables
  • 3/4 cup(s) Frozen Potatoes O' Brien
  • 10 3/4 oz(s) Can of Condensed Broccoli Cheese Soup
  • 10 3/4 oz(s) Milk
  • 1/2 cup(s) Shredded Cheese (I used an Italian blend)
Number of servings: 4

This is what I call a "one pot stop" everthing goes  into
 one skillet that you can
 bake and serve in.

The addition of the Kraft Italian Five Cheese
Shredded Blend on top
was amazing.
 I don't think I will make a pot pie
 with out a cheesy  pie crust on top ever again.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious Mindie!!! I love chicken pot pie and this one is much easier than the one I make, have to try it! Maria


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.