My Shop!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Light Strawberry Champagne Cake for Valentine's Day.

Well next month is Valentine's and for all you out there I have a sure fire trick to get your special someone feeling the love.  Why not make your Valentine the most romantic cake ever in my opinion.  Strawberries, champagne, and white chocolate mmmmmmm..... if that doesn't get your blood pumping just a bit I am not sure much else will.  Besides this trio of romantic possibilities the cake itself  is so pretty in pink and adorned with white chocolate shavings, it just oozes with Valentines charm. So you say you are not the baker, well have no fear this recipe is easy enough for a beginning baker to handle.  I almost forgot to mention the best part too... this is a no guilt treat, how you ask, well for one it is made with a reduced calorie, cholesterol and fat free egg product, no oil only fat free sour cream, and sugar free and fat free pudding mix.  Ok you caught me there is some fat from the frosting and white chocolate, not to mention, champagne but hey for a cake, I would say this one is just about as healthy as they come.  So even if you or your special someone are trying to lose a few holiday cookies, this is one treat you could partake in and don't forget maybe later a round of "Valentines Day Wresting" to burn a few calories.  That's right, I said wrestling, this is a family blog, and I am not that type of girl, well maybe I will be after some more of this romantic  Strawberry Champagne Cake!  


  •  1 box Strawberry Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist)
  • 2/3 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
  •  1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbs Champagne (I used Spumante)
  •  3/4 cup cholesterol free egg product
  •  12 oz Strawberry Frosting (I used Betty Crocker Strawberry Mist)
  •  2 tbs Powdered Sugar
  •  1 oz. package Sugar Free Fat Free White Chocolate Instant Pudding
  •  1 cup fat free milk
  •  22 Grams White Chocolate chips or Shavings (I used Ghirardelli Sublime White vanilla Dream)


Preheat oven to 350 F degrees or 325 F degrees depending on type of baking dish you use (refer to back of cake box directions). Grease the bottom of your baking dish with a non stick butter flavored spray. I used a 15 inch by 11 inch glass pan. You can use a smaller cake pan if you like and adjust bake time. Mix your cake mix with sour cream, eggs, and 1 cup of champagne according to package directions, usually for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes with a hand mixer. Poor into your greased baking dish and bake until the center bounces back to touch and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. While cake cools, you can prepare your pudding by mixing it with 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup champagne & whisking for 2 minutes. Cover and leave in fridge until cake is cool. When cake is cool take the end of a wooden or plastic kitchen serving spoon and poke holes in the top of cake all over. Now spread your pudding on top of cake spreading evenly. Mix your store bought frosting with 2 tbs. of powdered sugar and 2 tbs. of champagne. Spread on top of cake and pudding. Sprinkle top with your white chocolate. Store leftovers covered in fridge. Optional top cake with some whipped light cream strawberry flavor as I did. 

Yield: serves 12

Notes: I would love to serve this with fresh strawberries too or at least one as a garnish. Fabulous cake for an anniversary party or engagement party too.

Pretty and tasty pink cake batter.  If you flatten out the middle just a bit with your spatula it will bake up nice and flat.
Check to make sure cake is done by inserting a toothpick in center to see if it comes out clean.  Cake will also bounce back in center when gently touched.

Poke holes all over cake with the end of a large plastic spoon.

Spread your JELL-O mix on top of cake.

Then spread your strawberry champagne frosting on top of the pudding and sprinkle with white chocolate pieces.

I had a can of light whipped cream in the fridge in the strawberry flavor so I went ahead and added a heart on top (optional).

I hope you will join us for our first ever Crafting and Cooking from the Heart Contest Starting January 16, 2012.

To see where I party, check out my LINKY LOVE page.


  1. Love this cake! It looks delicious. And it's pink, so that's even better. :)

  2. This sounds delish and is so pretty in pink :) Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

  3. Strawberry is my daughters favorite...I'm pinning this so I can make it for her birthday Thanks! I'd love for you to bring this to my First Linky Party this Saturday @CountryMommaCooks...Have a Blessed Day!

  4. That looks and sounds so tasy! I have an all boy (except me) household, but I think all will appreciate this treat... minus the champagne in the frosting for the kids.

  5. This looks so fantastic. Great pictures. Come visit us today. We have a wonderful banana bread recipe to share.

  6. Yummy! Must try someday! ;)

    I would love for you to come by and party with us at my Create and Inspire Party!

    Hope to see you there!
    Angie from A Little Inspiration

  7. Wow, this look really beautiful and so delicious!!!

  8. Oh my! That looks scrumptious! And I'm trying to diet.....Darn it! :(
    Visiting from Creative bloggers Party & Hope :)

  9. Congrats! Your recipe is featured this week at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

  10. Yum! And, how perfect for Valentine's day! I'd be thrilled if you'd come share this at the Head to Head Showdown link party, going on right now at ~Jen


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.