My Shop!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Beautiful Santa Fe Breakfast Bake



  Well I thought I would be packing for our weekend get away trip and Birthday celebration for my husband.  However he is sick, and our trip has been delayed.  So I decided to make one of his favorite appetizers I make and turn it into an entree.  It turned out really good but unfortunately he is still feeling miserable.  I guess bacon can't cure every ones blues.  Well I love you Jerry.  I hope you feel better soon.  Happy one day before your very own special birthday.  Loved you yesterday, love you today, love you always!

Here is what you will need:

1 crust Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust
4 oz(s) chive & onion flavored cream cheese
11 oz(s) canned mexicorn, drained
4 eggs Land O Lakes Large White Omega-3 eggs
1 cup(s) Shredded Cheese, I used Colby & Monterey Jack
8 slices fully cooked bacon
3/4 cup(s) fresh pico de gallo or fresh salsa
1 non stick butter or olive oil flavored spray

Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.  Roll out your crust into a well greased 9 x 5 inch pan.  You will have excess crust on two sides that will fold over filling later.

To make filling mix room temperature cream cheese, eggs, corn, cheese, & 5 pieces of chopped cooked  bacon together until well combined.  Then poor into your baking dish, fold crust over top of filling.  Then top with your remaining strips of cooked bacon.  Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until eggs are fluffy, crust is golden brown, and bacon on top is extra crispy. 

Cool for 5 minutes before serving.  The entire loaf should easily be removed from pan for serving.  I recommend topping with fresh pico de gallo or fresh salsa.  Serve hot sauce on the side (optional). 



Should serve about 6 people depending on sides available.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.