My Shop!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Love Inspired Art Work

   My husband and I recently purchased a new quilt set for our bed and repainted our room a soft yellow and blue (as seen above).  I had been wanting to find some art work to go over our head board in our room.  Feeling a bit inspired by Valentines coming up, I came up with this idea.  At first I went to the fabric department looking for fabric that would complement our new color scheme and bedding.  I was unable to find anything just right.  Then I had an epiphany, why not just purchase another pillow sham from the Better Homes and Garden collection we had just recently purchased.  Of course it would match perfectly.  So that is what I did.  All I needed for this project was a standard sham (20 in x 28 in) for $6.00, a black frame (20 in x 30 in) for $11.44, and card stock self adhesive letters (which I had on hand already, but estimate cost to be $5.00 or less).  Note that the measurements for the sham are smaller then the frame per manufacturer specifications, however when you lay the sham out flat it is actually larger then the frame. 

As you can see, I just folded the part of the sham that didn't fit in the frame over and taped it down
with some packing tape.

Inspired by Valentines, I added card stock to read "love", "hugs & kisses (xoxo)",  and then
added mine and my husbands initials "J & M".

Our new bedding and sham as used for this art work.
   I hope this easy project will inspire you to try something similar.  If so, I would love to hear about it and see some pics.


Post a Comment

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.