My Shop!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mini Santa Fe Gorditas


   I made these for lunch a while back but they would be a great appetizer too.  They were a huge hit and are super easy to make.  Follow baking directions for the biscuits but slice them in half first so that you have 16 thin circular biscuits.  Sprinkle them with your onion powder and cheese before baking.  I baked on a parchment lined cookie sheet for easy clean up.  When they are done fill with your hot fajita seasoned beef, pico de gallo,  chipotle mayo by Kraft (so good and reduced fat too), and fresh lime on the side.  You can use any variety of cooked fajita beef that you like or make your own.  I kept it easy and  found mine at Walmart.  The beef was super tender and flavorful.  Easy too since all the work is done for you, all you have to do is reheat in the microwave per package directions.  So easy and so good, soooo my style of cooking, enjoy!

All Ingredients:
1 can(s) Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Buttermilk Refrigerated Biscuits 16.3 oz (8ct)
1/2 tablespoon(s) McCormick Onion Powder
1 1/2 cup(s) Finely Shredded Cheese, I used Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
16 oz(s) Fully Cooked Sliced Fajita Seasoned Beef (I used a store bought, fully cooked, flame broiled, seasoned, & sliced beef)
1 cup(s) Fresh Pico De Gallo or Fresh Salsa
1 cup(s) Chipotle Flavored Mayonnaise, I used a reduced fat brand
3 Limes

this post is linked to:

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/05/this-weeks-cravings-27-mexican-dishes.html

7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I didn't know they had chipotle mayo! I'm so getting some. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I host a weekly blog hop -- It's a Keeper Thursdays. I'd love for you to stop by and link up!

    Thanks!
    Christina @ It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! Your blog button is so hilarious...{most original I've ever seen}

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday!

    <3
    nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I am hungry now.

    Join us on "Made it on Monday" a WEEKLY RECIPE LINK PARTY on my blog.

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/

    *you can link up every Wed.-Sat.*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special treat, it really looks very pretty and delicious. Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to THIS WEEK's CRAVINGS "Mexican Dishes". We appreciate you sharing your recipe with us! We hope you come back next Monday for "Brunch Recipes / Mother's Day". Have a great weekend!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting you from This Week's Cravings. I just saw another blog post where the host mentioned a tortilla bread in the stores now. It's a little thicker than regular thin tortillas. I'm so going to look for them and make this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.