My Shop!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Button Bib Necklace


  
    If you saw my post earlier this week for the Pearl and Button Heart Necklace, then you know I was planning on making a bib style necklace, as seen on LMM .  Well I just couldn't resist, these necklaces are so much fun to design and are super easy to do.  I decided to add some ribbon to the edges, too soften it up a bit.  I just love it!  I feel like a character in an old Victorian romance novel when I wear it.  With Valentines next week, who couldn't use a touch of whimsy and romance in their everyday? Especially when your day is often filled with temper tantrums, dirty diapers, and spilled milk.  I am not going to do a full tutorial because the process is similar to the necklace I posted two days ago. The only difference is the shape of the felt, the color of the felt, and the addition of ribbon.  The ribbon was cut into 7 small pieces and then glued on to the edges of the bottom piece of felt.   If you give this easy craft a try, I would love to see pics of your wonderful creations.  Happy crafting everyone!  Remember to check your stash of old and unused buttons, to up cycle in this project.  I am now considering making a cuff bracelet in a similar fashion. I will share it when I do.

To see where I party, check out my LINKY LOVE page.

4 comments:

  1. Just brilliant, Mindie! Love old style buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna. I have another nap time project I tackled yesterday too. I made a purse up cycling an old sweatshirt. I also made 3 cute flowers to decorate it with from the arms and neck that I cut off of the shirt. Turned out soo cute, will share it soon. It only took about an hour to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, this one is so pretty too! Nicely done with the added touch of ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea, I love bib necklace's! I have only tried that with fabric flowers.Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.