My Shop!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pearl & Button Heart Necklace from the Not So Crafty Craft-er


   I saw a tutorial on the Little Miss Momma blog I follow for making a button bib necklace.  I fell in love immediately with it's vintage charm.  I also love that this can be an earth friendly project if you up cycle old unused buttons.  I chose for this round to skip the bib, and do a heart, since Valentines is next week.  I had so much fun with this, that I plan on attempting soon an actual bib style as seen on LMM herself  here.  BTW isn't she adorable.  Her blog is incredible too.  Thanks again LMM for the inspiration.  http://littlemissmomma.blogspot.com/
   To start I cut a heart as seen here with fabric scissors from felt. No I am not that talented, I traced a heart cookie cutter to get it just right.  Then I folded the felt over, and cut out both hearts at the same time, and left them connected at the top.  Then I took my strand of pearls, from the fabric department, and glued the ends to the inside top left and right of the heart. I used E-6000 Permanent Bond Designer's Collection glue to attach them.  It is tacky and flexible like a glue gun.  You can find it in the craft department.


 Then I added more drops of glue all over the heart and folded it shut.  From there, using wire cutters, I snipped the back off the buttons, so that they would lay flat.  Then using that same glue, I attached them.  I then cut off a  few little pearls from the strand I had leftover, to fill in the empty spots.  I used some new and some old buttons for this project.  It was really easy, even for this self proclaimed not so crafty craft-er.  I hope you will give it a try.  If you do, I would love some pics of the final project.  Speaking of pics, when I get myself presentable later today, I will take some pics of me in my new pretty, and add it to this post.



Ready to go with my new pretty!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your version! it is sooooo sooo pretty! what a great idea with the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindie, love the concept. Have you thought about doing this on the outside of a vase on terra cotta potting bowl for inside plants?

    Kim C

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.