My Shop!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Roll or Twist Bacon Sticks

  

   My bacon lovers, I want to apologize for those of you who follow my blog for the bacon and have been tolerating my crafting.  I have been feeling a bit under the weather, and crafting has been easier on me since I don't have to stand in my kitchen, not to mention I haven't been feeling very hungry.  I woke up feeling better today, so you know what that means Bacon Time!
   I made these for breakfast today however I think they would be perfect as a side at a brunch or as an appetizer since they are easy finger food.  The name "Roll or Twist" because you can twist the breadstick dough with the bacon or roll it with the bacon.  I recommend doing half of each for a pretty variety.


Ingredients:

1 can of Pillsbury Breadsticks Original 11 oz. 12 count
2 cups of finely shredded cheese, I used Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
1 egg
2 oz garden vegetable cream cheese
12 slices of fully cooked bacon

Step 1.  Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.  Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Roll out and separate your breadstick dough.

Step 2.  In a medium size mixing bowl mix your cream cheese (best at room temperature) with your egg until well combined.  Drop dough into mix.  Then in another bowl put your cheese.  Drop wet breadstick dough into cheese.  Then roll with bacon on the outside, or twist bacon and breadstick together.  Place on parchment paper and repeat until all are done.

Step 3.  Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve hot.

   Just a quick reminder to enter our give away, we  will be drawing a winner on the night of Valentines Day!
Not very many entries yet, so chances are good.  All you have to do is become a follower and leave a comment.  You can earn extra entries if you like too.  Here is the direct link to that post for more info.
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/02/charming-free-give-away-from-charm.html

2 comments:

  1. Mindie,

    I love what you have done with your blog. Keep up the good work.

    Today for breakfast I am making Bacon,Egg & Sausage Quesadillas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good MsKitty, but everything you make always does.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.