My Shop!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Strawberry Sugar Cookie Cheesecake


   I did not share a recipe or a craft yesterday so I am going to make it up to you all by doing both today.  This morning I am going to share with you all a Strawberry Sugar Cookie Cheesecake (do I have your attention yet?).  I think you will totally forgive me when I tell you this next part.  This cheese cake only takes about 40 minutes to bake and can be set up quickly in the freezer in about 30 to 60 minutes as opposed to your typical cheesecake that needs to sit in the fridge for 4 hours before serving.  I don't know about you, but those are some darn long four hours.  I am all about immediate gratification and this recipe delivers.  I would also like to think that it is a bit on the lighter side since I only use 1 block of cream cheese (Philly of course) instead of your typical four, but I realize "light" is a stretch.

1 roll of sugar cookie dough 16.5 ounces
8 ounces of cream cheese
1 extra large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup strawberry jelly

Step 1.  Grease the sides and bottom of a spring form pan generously.  Press cookie dough down evenly on bottom.  Bake in the center of a 350 F degree preheated oven for 10 minutes.

Step 2.  Mix until all is well combined room temperature cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla.  In a small microwave safe bowl heat for a few seconds jelly until it is easily drizzable (is that a word?).

Step 3.  Remove partially baked cookie dough.  Drizzle half of jelly on top of it avoiding edges.  Now spread gently and evenly your cream cheese.  Then drizzle remaining jelly and swirl with a toothpick until you have a marbled effect (again avoiding edges).

Step 4.  Return to oven and bake for 30 more minutes or until center is almost set.

Step 5.  Chill quickly in freezer for 30 to 60 minutes until cold not frozen or in fridge for 2 to 3 hours.  Store leftovers in fridge covered.

Press cookie dough on the bottom of a greased spring form pan.

Partially baked dough with jelly drizzled on top.

Now for the layer of cream cheese mix.

The rest of your jelly.  Avoid edges or it will stick when baked.

Before returning to oven  marble it by running a toothpick on top, don't touch the cookie dough layer.

Right out of the oven run a knife around edges  before releasing spring form pan and cooling.

    Ok so if you are on a diet and are still not forgiving me for missing my recipe or craft post yesterday, well guess what theres more!!!!!! Later today I will share with you all how you can make couture shoes for around 5 bucks.  Don't believe me, well check in later to find out how.


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.