My Shop!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Go Green with my Chocolate Mint Espresso Cheesecake Browines!

   I did it, I combined four things that I love for this Saint Patrick's Day inspired dessert.  I combined espresso, mint, chocolate, and cream cheese.  This dessert was a big hit with my family last night.  My husband who usually doesn't like the flavor of mint was even smitten with this one.  I baked my brownies in a large 15 x11 inch pan but you could always do them in a 9 x9 inch pan if you want them nice and thick, you will just have to increase the bake time to about 27 to 30 minutes.  I like using the  larger pan because then I can serve myself up a nice big piece and not feel like I am eating the entire thing (tempting as it is).   This is a super easy recipe.  Here is what you will need.  Note I had to use the high altitude directions on the box.

Chocolate Mint Espresso Cheesecake Brownies

1 Box of Pillsbury Mint Chocolate Premium Brownie Mix
1/4 cup of all purpose flour (for high altitudes only)
1/4 espresso brewed
(I used Timothy's Extra Bold Rainforest Espresso but any brewed bold coffee will do) 
2 eggs (I used 1/2 cup total of cholesterol free egg product)
1/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
8 ounces Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup of white sugar
25 to 30 drops of green food coloring

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees or 325 F for dark or coated pans.  Prepare your brownie mix according to package directions.  If you don't live at a high altitude you will not need the flour and will only use 3 tablespoons of espresso.  Poor evenly into your greased pan.

In a clean bowl mix your cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, vanilla, and green food coloring with an electric mixer until well combined.  Poor over brownie batter. 

Now take your package of mint chocolate flavored syrup that came with the brownie mix and squeeze it 15 times to soften.  Then cut a small corner off so that you can drizzle it over your brownies.  Then using a fork give it a marble effect my swirling the batter gently around. 

Bake in the center of your oven.  Since I used a large pan it only took 20 minutes.  You should let brownies cool before serving but I can never resist.  They will be best when cooled.  Store covered in fridge.

PS Check back later today when I will have the results to announce the random drawing winner for our Big Give Away of the 3 piece apron set!!!!!


  1. Mindie- this looks gorgeous! Espresso is a touch of genius!

  2. AHHH totally not WW friendly...but making me want one SO bad!!! :)

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

  3. Yum! This recipe has just about everything that I love: chocolate, mint, coffee, and cheesecake. They just might be the perfect brownie. :)

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

  5. With every word of the title i was drooling more and more. All my favorite things in one!!!

  6. This looks great too! Thanks for linking up!

  7. There is ONE DAY left to link up GREEN recipes……

    And starting today on THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS Linky Party we are featuring CHOCOLATE… CHOCOLATE… and MORE CHOCOLATE. We would love to have you link up any great chocolate recipe!

  8. Thanks so much for coming back and linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS... we are already enjoying over 100 recipes, so make sure to stop back by and see all the different CHOCOLATE stuff! It's gonna be one SWEET week of all CHOCOLATE!

    And don't forget to come back next week (Monday) for "HIDDEN INGREDIENT"... "What can you hide in your recipes?"

  9. Wow those are my favorite things too! This looks so delish and the green is awesome! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.