My Shop!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green Chicken (It taste much better then it sounds I promise)

     This is my last Saint Patrick's Day inspired recipe for the year.  My husband  is not big on cabbage and corn beef which is great because I love experimenting with new recipes and challenges.  This week the challenge was green.  In earlier postings I shared my Chocolate Mint Espresso Cheesecake Brownies, so pretty and delicious.  This morning I shared a Cheesy Basil Pesto Chicken Flat bread.  Now I am going to share a super easy slow cooked Green Chicken.  Guess what else, this recipe is not only green but it uses one of my favorite new things Philadelphia Cooking Creme by Kraft!

   This recipe will easily serve 8 people how ever you could  cut it in half if you like. You can either cook it in your crock pot on low heat for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.  I prefer to do it low and slow especially when I am using a lean protein.

Ingredients:

4 to 4  1/4 pounds of all natural boneless skinless chicken breast fillets
20 oz mild green chili Enchilada Sauce
10 oz Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme Original variety
3 Tbs (more or less for heat preference) diced jalapenos
1 tbs chopped dry parsley flakes

   I like to spray my crock pot with a butter flavored non stick spray for easy cleanup.  Put half of your enchilada sauce in the pot.  Add chicken, then cover with the remaining enchilada sauce, jalapenos, and parsley.  Add cooking creme in the last hour of cooking.  Chicken will be fork tender and easily pull apart.  I like to serve mine with tortillas and sour cream.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day Everyone!  I hope yours is a good one spent eating Irish Bacon (if you like), time with friends & family, and realizing that you don't need a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow to be happy (of course it wouldn't hurt).

1 comment:

  1. Another good looking recipe! Thanks for linking up!



    Christina @ It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.