My Shop!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My St. Patrick's Day Necklace

  Ok we have all probably worn one of those tacky St. Patrick's Day Necklaces at one point in time in our lives.  Well no need to get that crazy necklace with the mini beer mug attached to it.  Head on over to your local dollar store.  Purchase their green bead and necklace kit.  That along with some green ribbon (also a dollar item) and you are on your way to having your own pretty St. Patrick's Day necklace.  Using the stretchy rope that came with the kit, I used a larger size sewing needle to thread the stretchy jewelry string through the beads and the ribbon.  All you do is alternate bead with ribbon.  I wanted a shorter necklace, one that would not fit over my head, so I  had to add a silver clasp to the ends.  I just tied the stretchy jewelery rope to each end of the clasp.  Super easy and super cute.  I won't be pinched this year, and I won't have to wear a tiny beer mug around my neck either.


  1. Tiny beer mug funny & true! I am loving the variety of insight offered on your blog and being a fellow bacon lover...well you can understand why I am a new follower too. Would like to invite you to link your nifty, new Etsy shop to The Homespun Slate @ The Tattered Tag. I am always looking for new shops to feature. :)

  2. This necklace looks good enough to eat! Love the ribbon running through the large hole bead!

  3. What a darling project! I love green and this is great for spring and summer outfits as well as St Patty's Day!

    Stopping by from Night Owl Crafting!
    Rachel @

  4. aw so festive! Love it!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

  5. Totally rocked the beer mug charm back in college. Hilarious.

    Thanks for linking up to CJT.

  6. Very nice! Thanks for sharing at Fantastic Friday. I hope that you will join us again this week.

  7. I saw you at Vintage Wanna Bee... super cute!!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.