My Shop!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Garland & Count Down To Easter Children's Book

Over at The Tattered Tag blog they are hosting a Three Item Thursday challenge.  It will be a new link party with a different craft challenge to be completed each week.  For the first week we were asked to create something using twine, and empty cereal box, and paper paint samples.  Well I ended up having two ideas.  I made spring garland.  I kept it real easy but you could decorate the eggs even more if you like. 
They look cute in a bowl or strung with more twine to make garland.
The back side of egg is brown cardboard from a cereal box.  I stuffed the eggs with
just a little Easter grass.  Great project for the kids to help with.
I realize this is not twine, I ran out and decided it would be most economical to use what I had
on hand.
This was a box that a Picaboo photo book came in that I ordered. 

I used little muffin cups to hold jelly beans.  The book will hopefully help my one year old (who will be 2 in April)
work on shapes, colors, & counting to seven.
My favorite part the jelly beans are color coordinated and each basket has that
corresponding total number of beans.

Well thanks Tattered Tag for the challenge and link up!  If you would like
to join in the fun you can find their link up button on the bottom of my blog or
you can head to the direct link  below.


  1. Great idea! I love that you are using this to help your 2 yr old learn shapes and colors, etc. The garland is adorable too! Have a great weekend:)
    would love you to stop by!!

  2. Hi Mindie~

    Your creations are wonderful!! The book is just plain fun!! Thanks so much for linking to Three Item Thursday last week. Hope you will be sharing another great idea or two or three today. :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

  3. That is so fun! What a fabulous idea!!! I'd love to have you share this at my For the Kids Friday Link Party (still on)! Come join the fun!

  4. I love love love your garland. very cute. Happy Easter!



Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.