My Shop!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Appetizers, Birthdays, & Hardwood Floors Oh My!


http://www.realwomenofphiladelphia.com/post/spotlights-galore

Well I promised to share my Philly recipes with you all, however Birthdays and Hardwood floors have gotten me a little behind.  Yesterday was my toddlers 2nd bithrday!!!  Love you bunches baby boy!
Yesterday we also started ripping out baseboards and carpet for the installment of our hardwood floors.  It is going to be amazing when it's done, stressful until then though.  So here are my other two Appetizers I promised to share this week.  I  have a third appetizer video and recipe, with Canadian Bacon, that I made yesterday.  It wasn't planned but I was feeling inspired.  I will share that with you next week.  I am also sharing the post with you above that Paula Deen made at the Real Women of Philadelphia yesterday.  I was featured among some very tallented ladies and as always I am feeling greatful to be included.  I hope you will check out RWOP it has been such a fun and life changing experience for me and so many others. 


He posed on his own, such a little ham. PS if you want to
know how to make that cake check out the previous post.

Appetizer Time


(This link will take you to watch the above recipe video submission at RWOP)
Berry Kickin Meatballs
My husband was pleasantly surprised by this creative combination of flavors. I was tickled that he requested for me to make a second batch for his friends at work. Strawberry & Jalapeno Jelly make for a meatball sure to please with the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
  • Prep time: 5 minutes
  • Cook time: 17 minutes
  • Total time: 22 minutes
  • Servings: 15
  • 6 ounce(s) of Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Strawberry Cream Cheese
  • 3/4 cup(s) of Strawberry Preserves
  • 3/4 cup(s) of Jalapeno Jelly
  • 6 tsp. of Less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
  • 2 pound(s) of Frozen Fully Cooked Turkey Homestyle Meatballs (about 30 count)
Steps
  1. In a large pot, on stove top, over medium high heat, bring to a boil your cream cheese, strawberry jelly, jalapeno jelly, and Teriyaki sauce. Whisking as you go until all is well blended.
  2. Add frozen fully cooked meatballs to sauce, stir to coat, and bring back up to a boil.
  3. Once it starts to boil again, reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with appetizer forks.


(This link will take you to RWOP if you would like to watch the video)
Fiesta Dip
This dip feels like sunshine on a plate with a combination of Mexican style corn, beans, chipotle mayo, fresh lime and fruit salsa all on top of some creamy Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and you have a party waiting to happen.
  • Prep time: 7 minutes
  • Total time: 7 minutes
  • Servings: 14
  • 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
  • 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Regular Cream Cheese
  • 1 cup(s) of Peach Pineapple Salsa
  • 11 ounce(s) of Canned Whole Kernel Corn with Red & Green Bell Peppers, drained
  • 15 ounce(s) of Canned Black Beans or Kidney Beans 50% less sodium, drained
  • 1/4 cup(s) of Kraft Sandwich Shop Chipotle Flavored Reduced Fat Mayo
  • 1 Lime
  • 1 tbsp. of Diced Jalapeno (more or less for heat)
  • 20 ounce(s) of Tortilla Chips
Steps
  1. Rinse in cold water and drain your beans.
  2. In a medium size mixing bowl, stir your beans, drained corn, salsa, 1/2 the juice of one lime, mayo and finely diced jalapeno.
  3. Serve over cream cheese with tortilla chips and garnish with the rest of your lime.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mindie! I was hoping to email you but I can't find your email anywhere on your blog or profile so I'm leaving ya a comment! I was hoping you could give me some tips on weight loss. I am so impressed you lost 100 pounds. Can you let me know what your eating plan was like? Thanks so much!! Oh and feel free to email me at "www.bouffeebambini@hotmail.com" Thaks mindie! Hope your having a great weekend so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the hardwood floor thing is coming along well! I feel like such a goon, but could you email me your address again so I can FINALLY send you your wreath that you won?? :)
    bugaboominimrandme@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.