My Shop!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Before & After Easter Mantel

Well I had been avoiding decorating our mantel since it is a little awkward.  We have a wood burning stove in front of it.  A must have here in chilly Northern Cali but it makes for some challenges.  Well I decided to go ahead and make it festive for Spring and here is what I did.  First I needed a focal point.  I made this inexpensive piece of art.


What you need:
Decorative Scrapbook Paper, silver paper cake plate, cookie cutters for Spring, and ribbon.

I used hot glue to attach everthing.


A mess I know it's screaming help me.....
PS hate the gate but absolutely necessary with a toddler.


Not my best work but much more bright and festive for Spring.  After I used the
cookie cutters to trace for my art work I tied them with twine to the
ribbon and turned them into garland.  Then I added some Easter lanterns and other items
I had on hand. Now for a big redo, we are installing hardwood floors this weekend!!!
Wish me luck.  I will be sure to share my before and afters.
Happy Spring Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Cute idea, I am a grinch when it comes to decorating for holidays.

    Found you through Tackle it Tuesday, here is mine:
    http://www.sumnerrain.com/2011/04/05/tacke-it-tuesday-april-5/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the spring colors and the overall way it come out what a cute easter themed project see what I have to share on my blog annies home located at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! What a great Tackle!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.