My Shop!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easy Easter Egg Chicks

So this was the first year that we made all of our eggs look the same for Easter.  I love how they turned out.  My eight year old did a great job.  I helped our little Lucas make one too.  Well all you need is hard boiled eggs.  For perfect hard boiled eggs this is what I do.

Place eggs in a large pot.  Cover eggs completely with water, about an inch over the tops of eggs works well.  Place on stove top over high heat.  Bring to a boil, when they start boiling, continue to boil uncovered for 1 minute.  Then cover with a tight lid and remove from heat.  Let set for 7 minutes for medium size eggs, 8 minutes for large. 

I didn't measure my yellow dye.  After I cooled eggs in cold water.  I drained out the water from the pot until only half of the egg was covered.  Then I poured vinegar in until the eggs were completely covered with liquid and added a bunch of yellow food coloring.  We probably didn't need this much vinegar but I didn't want this part to take long. Then we patted eggs dry and used red and yellow color snaps to make the beaks, and blue for the eyes.  To complete our project we placed the eggs back in the egg carton filled with green Easter grass.
These color snaps are only a dollar at Walmart.  Coloring the eggs all at the same time in one pot was so much easier then how we usually do it. Next year I think we will leave the eggs white and make Easter Bunny Eggs using the color snaps.

Tweet Tweet, Happy Easter!

To see where I party check out my Linky Love page.

14 comments:

  1. Cute idea!! ^.^

    Btw, I'm following from the Welcome to the Weekend Hop. It'd made me sparkle if you'd join my Spring Blog Hop, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! thanks for stopping by and following. I'm now following back. Have a great weekend and happy easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. So cute! I hope my kids will want to make these =) I'd like to invite you to share this at my VIP party this weekend. http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eggs are the cutest. What a great idea. Thank you so much for sharing it. I am following you through the Makobi Scribe Hop. Please return the follow at http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com
    www.reneeahand.com
    I am a children's author and book reviewer.
    Thanks
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and so darn cute! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter Saturday! I am a new follower from the blog hop and I look forward to following your blog!...Hope u can come by for a visit! http://adventuresatgreenacre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now following you from the Bunny Hop! Have a wonderful Easter. Look forward to reading your blog! You can find me athttp://dinosaurs-and-dandelions.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for bunny hopping with us! Your posts are so cute, I just love what you did with these eggs! I am a new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super cute!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like these - easy and cute. Bookmarking this for next year! Thanks for sharing at Fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are soo adorable! Bet the kids had fun making those.. the color snaps are great! Tahnks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are cool. Thanks so much for sharing these.


    Love for you to share this at my Wednesday's "Made by ME" Linky Party here: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. These chick eggs are adorable! I wanted to stop in & invite you to add them to my Sharing Time linky, if you're interested! http://www.raisingmemories.com/search/label/sharing%20time
    (P.S. I'm a hypoglycemic, too ;)
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.