My Shop!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hardwood Floors!!!

First off, I want to thank all my new followers.  I am still trying to catch up with following everyone else back.  You see we have been super busy the last three weeks.  We installed new floors in our living and dining room, hallway, kitchen, pantry/utility closet, and hall and linen closets.  We did the installation ourselves to save money.  I keep saying "we", my husband with some help from friends installed the floors.  I kept the kids out of the way, that was my job.  Then I had the job of cleaning up a ton of saw dust left everywhere from having to remove some sub flooring, fun!  Well it was a bit of a headache, especially with a little boy that just turned two, and listens about as well as our two dogs.  However the finished project was worth the wait especially if you saw the poor quality of carpet that was here in our home.  I don't think it had ever been replaced since the house was built.  We just recently purchased this home, I am sure we will have many more upgrades to share as finances allow.  We have already installed a new sink, new lighting (good by 80s chandler), some painting, and now floors.  Up next we are going to be putting in new baseboards and doing some more painting.  At least this one big project is complete.

We want to add some color too, any suggestions would be appreciated.  You can't see the wall separating the kitchen from the living room, with the wood stove in front of it.  My husband would like to paint that wall burgundy.  I am thinking of maybe painting the wall you can see behind the leather sofas sage green.  What do you all think?
BTW, we have surpassed 200 followers!!! Don't think it is going unnoticed or unappreciated by me.  I have a big give away that is starting this week at another great blog, but we will be having a big special one soon here too.  Just want to let you all know how much I adore you.

This is linked up to http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2011/04/27/hookin-up-with-hoh-46/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20HouseOfHepworths%20(House%20of%20Hepworths)

and

http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2011/04/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-link_28.html

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog!! I am your newest follower from the Wednesday Blog Hop :-)

    Jen-
    http://themommyrestaurantreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love wood floors your room is as beautiful as your blog I am a new follower come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to add, I took this pic, early Easter morning, everyone was in bed, and it was mom's coffee time. It was soon filled with noise and toys, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want do this in our house!! Your floors look fantastic!

    Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog today--I really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.