My Shop!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Luau Flatbread with Canadian Bacon

    My toddler turned two last Friday, and this was what I served to go with that big Spongebob Pineapple Cake I shared with you all.  We celebrated Hawaiian style with  Luau Flatbread. This crispy cheesy flatbread was my spin on one of my boys' favorites, Hawaiian style pizza. Crispy, cheesy, and a perfect blend of sweet and salty. Great finger food or even an easy weeknight meal.
  • Prep time: 5 minutes
  • Cook time: 10 minutes
  • Total time: 15 minutes
  • Servings: 20 (appetizer portions)
  • 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Regular Cream Cheese
  • 2 Feet of Flatbread (I buy mine from Subway)
  • 1/4 cup(s) of Pineapple Topping (Ice cream topping)
  • 6 ounce(s) of Canadian Bacon (I used fully cooked hickory smoked center cut Canadian bacon)
  • 4 cup(s) of Kraft Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Steps
  1. Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
  2. Lay your flatbread out on two small cookie sheets, or as I did on pizza stones.
  3. Spread your room temperature cream cheese evenly onto your flatbread.
  4. Spread evenly on top of cream cheese your pineapple topping.
  5. Sprinkle on evenly your shredded cheese.
  6. Top with your Canadian Bacon that you have sliced in half.
  7. Bake for 10 minutes or until nice and crispy, in the center of your oven.
  8. The following is optional: Garnish with some chopped fresh parsley and serve Kraft Ranch Dressing & Dip or marinara on the side.
  9. This was so tasty, sharing it with you all makes me want another slice right now.  The entire family loved it, and since it was so easy, it will definitely become a regular on the Hilton House Menu.
    If you would like to watch the cooking video for this recipe, and see more great Philly recipes, head on over to the Real Women of Philadelphia gallery @
    PS, Don't forget to enter our current give away for 3 beautiful hand made
    hair accessories (by me of course).  Here is the link for you to enter.  Good Luck!

8 comments:

  1. That looks super tasty! Gonna have to make this one...
    Newest follower from the Middle Matters Blog Hop!
    Come return the visit and enter one of our awesome giveaways when you have the chance :)
    --
    Jade
    The Sleppery Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm!! Looks delish!

    Hi! I'm a new follower of your lovely blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good. My kids would love these too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Mindie, this looks wonderful, I wish I could just reach in and grab some. Great recipe and great photos :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Just came across your wonderful blog and am a new follower!!!
    - Jessica
    http://cajunlicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog! Looks yummy!
    I'm following you from The Middle Matters blog hop.
    Come check me out when you get the chance.
    Carolina Summer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for stopping by!! I'm a new follower...and might I add, this looks scrumptious!

    Kristin :)
    Keenly Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.