My Shop!

Monday, April 4, 2011

New Keepsake Baby Frame $1!!!! Plus Please Party With Me @....

First I want to tell you all to check out this great blog the Singing Three Little Birds!  Here is a link to my gust post at Sing Three Little Birds.

While I was there I shared this Keepsake Baby Frame craft idea with them. Do you remember me recently sharing with you all  a rosette necklace made out of old stained baby clothes that I made for myself. BTW I also made a necklace for grandma while she visited too, what a nice keepsake don't you think for the grandmas in your life.  Then I made a rosette for a garter that was  something old, new, and blue.  A special gift for a friend getting married.  Both are pictured below.

Well there are a tone of rosette tutorials out there on the web and I am even finding more then one way to make them.  This post however is inspiration for you to up cycle old fabrics for rosettes.  Think about how when  using keepsake fabrics like old baby clothes a simple rosette can become so much more special.  Not to mention a wonderful economical & earth friendly up cycle project.  So today I am going to show you my new frame that I have decorated with rosettes made from more old stained baby clothes.  Of course I cut around the stains for the rosettes.  Now I have a frame to hold pics of my youngest little guy that has sentimental value.  The frame only cost $1 from the dollar store and all I had to do was glue the rosettes to the glass.

 So think about those old kids clothes, maybe some old passed down linens from a loved grandma that  don't fit your taste but have sentimental value, these items would make great rosettes and live to serve a new purpose.  I hope this inspires you to give something old a new life. 


this post is linked to

4 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I've been toying with the thought of turning old (stained or worn) baby clothes into a little quilt or wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.