My Shop!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Inspired Appetizer

Are you having an Easter brunch this year?  Well I have a great easy appetizer for you.
To watch this video head to the you tube link below.
Peanut Butter and Honey Cheese Ball with Sea Salt Bread
Growing up my mom always gave me honey when I was sick or had a soar throat. To this day I still love my honey. This Spring inspired, easy appetizer, is as tasty as it is pretty. The perfect balance of sweet and salty. This is one even the kids will love.
  • Prep time: 15 minutes
  • Cook time: 2 minutes
  • Total time: 17 minutes
  • Servings: 7
  • 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Honey Nut Cream Cheese
  • 1/4 cup(s) of Peanut Butter (I used reduced fat)
  • 1/4 cup(s) of honey (I used a gourmet creamy raw grade A honey)
  • 1/2 cup(s) of crushed pecans
  • 6 ounce(s) of Artisan Sea Salt Bread (I bought from a bakery)
  • 3 tbsp. of Unsalted Butter, melted
Steps
  1. Mix your cream cheese and peanut butter together in a medium size mixing bowl.
  2. Spoon your mixture of cream cheese and peanut butter onto some plastic wrap and twist into a ball. Place in freezer to harden up a bit.
  3. Slice bread into about 18 even slices.
  4. Dip the top side of each bread slice into melted butter and place on your cookie sheet lined with foil butter side up.
  5. Bake bread under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or just until toasted golden brown.
  6. Remove cream cheese ball from freezer and plastic wrap and roll it on your crushed pecans that you have placed on parchment paper for easy clean up.
  7. Set your pecan cheese ball on top of your honey that you have poured on the center of your serving dish.
  8. Serve with your toasted bread. Store leftovers covered in fridge.

1 comment:

  1. WOw, this is really unique. I should give it a try:)

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.