This is my last recipe to share for RWOP season 2, tear! It truly is a bitter sweet ending with dessert week bringing the season 2 auditions to a close. We still don't know who the last four finalist to go to Savannah will be. Of course it would be a dream come true to be selected and have the opportunity to meet Paula Deen in person. Not to mention the $25,000 bucks up for grabs that four lucky ladies will each win. The contest ends this Sunday, so if you are quick, you could submit an original recipe video for a chance to win!
Here is my recipe and audition video for my Cupcake Summer.
- Growing up we had a small farm with a nice strawberry patch. We would always help my mom harvest the berries. During the Summer, my mom made some of the best desserts with strawberries but she never made anything quite like this. I love how refreshing and light tasting these cupcakes are. They really do remind me of the perfect Summer. To start you have a buttery yellow Philadelphia Pineapple Cream Cheese cake topped with a sweet Philadelphia Strawberry Cream Cheese frosting. I sent a batch of these to work with my husband. My husband came home and reported back to me quotes of "best cupcake ever"! All I know is that eating and sharing these cupcakes puts a smile on my face.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 24
- 1 Box Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix (18.25 oz)
- 2 Sticks of Salted Butter
- 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Pineapple Cream Cheese
- 3 Large Eggs
- 8 ounce(s) of Canned Crushed Pineapple in Pineapple Juice
- 4 ounce(s) of Can of Pineapple Tidbits
- 2 cup(s) of Powdered Sugar
- 16 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Strawberry Cream Cheese
- 16 ounce(s) of Fresh Strawberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 to 350 F degrees depending on your type of cake pans (refer to package directions on the box of cake mix).
- Mix for about 2 1/2 minutes, per cake mix box directions, your cake mix, softened room temperature 1 stick of butter, 3 eggs (best at room temperature), crushed pineapple, juice from pineapple tidbits only, and pineapple cream cheese.
- Spoon batter evenly into your paper muffin cups, making 24 cupcakes or more if you are in a high altitude (per box directions).
- Bake in the center of your preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. It took me 20 minutes until cupcakes were done in center.
- While cupcakes bake you can prepare frosting. Mix together 1 stick of softened room temperature butter, powdered sugar and strawberry cream cheese. I used the whisk attachment on my electric mixer and mixed for a minute or two until frosting was fluffy and well combined. Store covered in fridge until ready to frost cupcakes.
- When cupcakes are done, remove from cupcake tins and let cool on a wire rack. I set mine in the freezer to have them cool in just a couple minutes.
- When cupcakes are completely cool frost with your strawberry frosting by hand or with a piping bag as I did.
- Optional, decorate top of cupcake with fresh strawberry slices, pineapple tidbits, and mint. Store leftovers covered in fridge.
This post is linked to: