My Shop!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo With My Zesty Guacamole!

Zesty Bacon Guacamole
Growing up in Southern California I was exposed to a lot of good Mexican food. My husband is a huge fan of guacamole, and loves it with Mexican food and on a bacon burger. Since it is almost Cinco de Mayo, I thought why not bring Philly to the party with a zesty fresh guacamole. I have made a lot of guacamole in my day but never with this trio of cream cheese, bacon, and the addition of the Chipotle flavored mayo. The combination was a huge hit, this trio will now always be in one of our favorite party dips.
  • Prep time: 8 minutes
  • Cook time: 2 minutes
  • Total time: 10 minutes|
  • Servings: 8
  • 4 Avocados from Mexico
  • 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
  • 1/4 cup(s) of Kraft Sandwich Shop Chipotle Flavored Reduced Fat Mayo
  • 1 Lime
  • 1 tsp. of Hot Sauce, more or less to taste
  • 13 ounce(s) or 1 Large bag of Tortilla Chips
  • 3 Slices of Fully Cooked Crispy Bacon, crumbled
  • 1 cup(s) of Grape Tomatoes, sliced into quarters
  • 1/4 cup(s) of Kraft Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 3 tbsp. of Chopped Fresh Cilantro
  1. I placed fully cooked bacon in microwave for 2 minutes, following package directions for getting it extra crispy. Chop with a knife, or crumble with hands when it is cool to the touch, and set aside.
  2. In a large mixing bowl add your avocado, cream cheese, hot sauce, juice of one lime, and mayo. Mash and stir to combine ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Place in serving dish.
  3. Top with crumbled bacon, quarter sliced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and some fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!


  1. Thanks for joining us at the Thursday Blog Hop, Cup of Joe. I have to say I love the name, man did you make me hungry. That looks so good I think I might just have to have a go at it. I am your newest follower and will be back often to look.

  2. Yummy. I am following you back and thanks for entering my I LOVE Mommy Giveaway too! Have a great weekend.

  3. Opps - you did not enter yet:) I love the "it's not all bacon" too cute:)

  4. That is making me so hungry- I love Mexican food ;-)
    Newest follower- follow back at Classified: Mom

  5. Happy belated Cinco de Mayo to you too! And thanks for sharing your guacamole recipe.. it looks really yummy. I am now following you thanks to Hop Along Friday, and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday, where you can meet lots of friends and have a great time:) See you there!
    Happy Friday

  6. Looks good!

    Stopping by from Night Owls Perch and the Facebook Friday Hop. I am a new follower!

    I also followed you on GFC. Could you please follow me? Thanks!

  7. Hi! I'm your new fan from Facebook Friday! Also follow you via GFC as YulyaShenka.
    You are welcome at
    Thank you!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.