My Shop!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Accessory Display & Organizer

I have been wanting to make myself a large jewelry wall organizer for a while.  I have seen some really pretty ones in blog land.  Most have been made with old picture or window frames.  Unfortunately I had to make my frame to get the size I wanted.  Here is what I did.  First I went to Ace Hardware and purchased 16 total feet of chair rail and chicken wire 36 inches tall (the width of my frame).  Aces prices were high in my opinion however we don't have any other choices locally for supplies like these.

Then with my husbands help, oh who am I kidding, he won't let me touch the saw, he likes me with all my fingers, as do I.  Well with my assistance, my husband cut the chair rails, using his electric miter saw, at 45 degree angles to make the frame.  The hardest part is making sure the mill work (bevelled edges) on the chair rail match up and look pretty in the corners.  Then we used wood glue on corners and finishing nails to connect all four sides.  Then we cut enough chicken wire to cover the back of frame and stapled it on.

The chair rail was an unstained oak, I needed it black to match our bedroom furniture.  Nothing a little
spray paint couldn't fix.  I sprayed the chicken wire too.

I added mini clothespins from the office section at Walmart to hang necklaces that pull over your head
and have no clasp.
I used book loops to hold bracelets, chunky cocktail rings, and stretchy headbands.

I got tired hanging my things up.  I will probably add some of my sunglasses later.  You could even hang belts, scarves, and hair pins.  Yes I have a lot of jewelry. I actually have another organizer on the other side you can't see as well as a jewelry box.  I enjoy making accessories.  If you see something you like, you might want to check out my shop TLC Creations.  Thank you for making ( I mean helping, lol) with my organizer Jerry .  I love you.  Best Mother's Day gift.  I love to be organized.

this post is linked up @



  1. That is gorgeous! What a great idea.

  2. Hello! Newest follower from the Let's Get Social Sunday blog hop! Would love for you to stop by and follow back, whenever you get a chance. Have a great week! (:


  3. very neat idea, i would of never thought of anything like that.
    You now have a new follower, Can you please Follow back?

    Tweet with me on Twitter to.!/CHRISTY1986P

    Become a fan on my Christina's voice Fan page.!/pages/Christinas-Voice/133218916750446

    Thanks have a great day!

  4. So clever!!! Stopping by from Not So Moody Monday!!

    Kristin :)
    Keenly Kristin

  5. Hi there!
    I'm stopping by from the Monday Hop to say hello.
    Please join me for Deal Seeking Tuesday- a hop to share wonderful deals.
    Have a great day!

  6. Cute idea! Following you from the Monday Hop! Would love if you'd check out my blog and consider following back, thanks!

  7. Great idea for jewelry! I made one of those too, but, mine was for my kids to hang up their colorings.

    Thanks for stopping by Pink Dandy Chatter. Following you back =)

  8. I love this!! Cute jewelery organization is the BEST! :)

    Thanks so much for linking up to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

  9. turned out great! I made one of these for myself, but I think soon I'm going to need a big one like this!!! too much jewelry haha

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!!

  10. Cute Idea. I'm making one for my 3 year old daughter. That girl has almost as much jewelry as I do.

  11. Excellent idea! Looks so good.

  12. Oh my God.! I surprised to see this port.great job done,Keep it up.

  13. This is a great idea to organize you accessories and keep them handy. I was searching for articles to buy closet jewelry organizer when i came across your post. Very creative! Keep posting similar stuff. Many thanks once again :)

  14. There are many ways to go about organizing your kitchen accessory. Different methods make more sense depending on your space and what you’re storing. No matter which method you choose, these accessory organizer definitely helps you to reduce the space usage. Once again great post man!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.