My Shop!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Placemat Necklaces (Tutorial)

I love the print on the Better Homes and Gardens plastic place mats at Walmart.  I bought two, one with birds and flowers, and one with butterflies and flowers.  Using scissors I cut out a few of the birds, flowers, and butterflies.  Then using an exacto knife, I spun it in a circle to cut out little holes for the jewelry findings loops to go through.  Then I attached the chain.  Two are long enough to pull over my head, one I added a clasp too.  These would be a fun inexpensive craft for a little girls party, as long as an adult uses the exacto knife.  I only made these three for examples but would be able to make several more from the two place mats.  You could also print out silhouettes that you can find online, or use cookie cutters to make shapes that you like with remaining place mat pieces.

This post is linked to:


  1. I'm following from Totally Tuesday.

    Cute blog!


  2. This is one really great idea. I am going to give it a try with my daughter when school is out and the boredom begins to set in. Lisa
    ps thanks again for featuring me!

  3. Too cute! I am a new follower via Catch a Wave. I would love for you to stop by.

  4. What a fun idea!

    Thanks for sharing!


  5. Very cute.


  6. wow this is a great idea... would love for you to consider linking up to a crafty soiree tomorrow!

    Hello! I'm your newest follower from WW... would love for you to consider following me back. Thanks! Malia

  7. These are super cute :) Thank you for stopping by my blog. I had to grab your button because it's just awesome.

  8. Yay! Thanks for coming :) Really appreciate you linking up this awesome post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

  9. Your necklaces are so beautiful and unique. Thank you for sharing!

  10. Hey girl...thanks for linking up this week. I've had a blast co-hosting. These are super cool :)

  11. this is so cute! I saw your blog through a link party and had to check it out! I am so glad I did! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.