My Shop!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tackle It Tuesday Tutorial Ring Display & Holder

I just worked my first Saturday as a vendor at our local farmer's market and craft fair.  I needed a ring display that didn't break the bank.  I love what I came up with. My sweet 8 year old son Joshua spray painted it a glossy black for me.  It will hold  60 to 180 rings. There is plenty of room on each wood spoke to hold 1 to 3 rings.  If you are into sewing, you can probably guess what it is meant for.  That's right, it is made to hold your thread spools but we gave it a new purpose.   Thank you Joshua for all your help with this pretty new display and at the craft fair.  You are such a wonderful son. 

The wood thread organizer, that we used as a ring display, came unstained and was
found in Walmarts' sewing department for $10.


I know it will get lots of use at future craft fairs.  Being a bit of a jewelry lover myself, I might even use it for my own pretties.

So what do you think?  It matched my large jewelry organizer that I also took with me to the fair (pictured below, and seen in an earlier tutorial).


I bought a 10x10 pop up gazebo to use at the show, and hung this with large metal rings to the top bar of it.  It worked well and took up no booth space.

Well what have you been tackling lately?

10 comments:

  1. Fab idea for a ring holder, I could do with something like that to hold my modest (okay, huge) selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I just LOVE rings, so that's a perfect way to organize. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both your ring holder and your jewelry organizer! All of your jewelry is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the shiny black, makes your bright colors stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my friend! I *love* this soft, delicate creation! SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! How did they sell at the craft fair?

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. I would love for you to stop by DIY Home Sweet Home today and link up your ring holder and any other projects you would like to share. Happy Monday!!

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning! I've never really tried to make tags before. Yours are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I'm just glad I was been able to visit your site. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super idea! I have one of those thread organizers and never thought it could be used for rings!! I will definitely be featuring and linking in a future post so others can come visit.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.