My Shop!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tackle It Tuesday Tutorial That's My Blog Bag Baby!

My collection of blog loving accessories is growing.  I love my newest item.  It was super easy to make. 
If you are looking to promote your own blog, what a great conversation starter a bag like this is.

Here is what I used:
 A $12 large canvas tote bag from Walmart, pink for me of course!
(They come in several colors and have lots of pockets too!)
Light Fabric Transfers,1 sheet, also found at Walmart
(Use the ones for dark fabric if you are using a black or dark Tote)
Iron
Scissors
Ink Jet Printer


How I Did It:
I first designed my image I wanted to use on Picnik.
Then I "flipped" the image on Picnik too, and saved it to my computer.
Then I set my print options to "full page" and "shrink to fit" (very important).
I also printed on best quality.
After it printed, I trimmed off the excess transfer paper, and tried to the make corners as round as possible, as suggested in the transfer package directions.  Then I ironed it on according to the transfer package directions. I noticed when I started to remove the transfer one corner wasn't all the way down, so I simply stopped removing the paper transfer backing and ironed it some more.  Remember to let it cool before removing paper backing.  This is all explained in the directions you will get with your Light Fabric Transfer Package.
Hard to read in the picture, but that's my blog web address on top!

So what are you tackling this Tuesday? If you decide to tackle a blog bag of your own, I would love to see it.  You could even link it up at the Party Mindie Style Link party that runs Friday afternoon through Monday nights.

9 comments:

  1. SO cute!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Love it! I am a new follower from the Blog It Forward Tuesday Hop! Please stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi! ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute thanks for sharing come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is adorable! You did such a great job. I love iron ons. Thanks for joining my button-swap! I've added yours to my page. Stop by often!

    ♥Jazmin
    www.millerhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this bag. What a fantastic idea. I haven't done anything like this craft since my son was very young. He is 21 now. But, I am going to give it a try. Thanks for a great post. I'll let you know if it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the image is looking good..well posted here..thanks for sharing here with us..

    seo usa

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop became the coolest party on the block because of your participation :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I think if I walked around carrying a big bag with the words "Greetings From the Asylum" emblazoned on the side I would start many conversations. (Some of them would probably start with, "Well, you see, officer...") Hee! Hee! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw that's fun! I would love to have my own blog bag :)

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.