My Shop!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Piggy B-Day Cake!

My blog button inspired Birthday Cake!


Inspiration found from blog friend Craptastic and their cupcakes above.


You may recall seeing these cute little cupcakes in a link up, and then a Friday feature here at Bacon Time.  I just loved these piggies by Craptastic.  I am the baker of the house, and I always make special cakes for everyones b-day.  Well I thought it was time for me to make a special one of my own.  So that's what I did.  I made myself a cute piggy cake for my 34th that was in July.  I know it's a little odd making your own cake, but my family knows how much fun I have when I bake.  Thanks again Craptastic for the inspiration.  Hope you like my Bacon Time twist to this recipe.


                                                    Well this was a very easy cake to do.
                                                                  Here is what I used:
1 prepared round strawberry cake
1 prepared strawberry cupcake
1 strawberry Marshmallow (cut in half diagonally for ears)
red sugar crystals
black gel icing
white icing
black chocolate sprinkles
2 pink star Marshmallows (left over from the 4th of July for flowers)
yellow sprinkles (for flower center)
Strawberry Frosting
1 plastic cocktail fork (to secure cupcake nose)

There probably would be easier and nicer ways to do this, but I was determined to make the cake with only things I had on hand.  I used a little frosting and icing on the marshmallow star/flowers to keep the sugar crystal and sprinkles on.

I used only one cake mix and filled  12 cupcakes half full, the remaining batter went into making the round cake. 

I really like Craptastic's cupcakes better then mine, but again I was trying to only use
what I had on hand.  Surprisingly I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand (so unlike me) but the sprinkles seemed to work out fine.  I sliced the marshmallow nose in half and placed the sticky side up so that the sprinkles would stick to it.  The ears for the cupcakes are just star marshmallow corners, which was nice because I used up my 4th of July leftovers.


I love that depending on the angle and size of sprinkles they sort of all have their own little personalities.
No, I didn't eat them all myself.  What my boys and there friends didn't gobble up, went to work with my husband.  Spreading the piggy love!

Here is to 34 hopefully being a great year!
You all helped make 33 amazing.  Thank you again for all of the birthday wishes.
Wish you  all could have enjoyed some cake with me.

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Linking up at Tip Junkie and the other cool spots I like to party (see my where I link up page please).

8 comments:

  1. These turned out awesome Mindie!! I love how the cupcakes turned out with the sprinkles!! Your cake is just precious too! Love the bacon twist on them! ;) Glad you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you had fun. Wishing you a great year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh.. those are adorable! I love the piggy cake. :) Thanks for coming by to link up for Tasty Tuesday.. I think I'm just burnt out. LOL I may bring it back later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those cakes!!! Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good stuff and keep up the good work. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog and I am happy to come again to see new post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are too cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw so cute!

    Thanks for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cake...I am still waiting for one! JK, thank for always supporting me! I really appreciate you!
    HUGS~
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.