My Shop!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Acorn Earrings and Necklace Semi Homemade DIY


How's that for Fall Fashion!!!


Crochet Acorns - White
I ordered these adorable crocheted acorns from My Crochet Shop on Etsy.
You can also find a tutorial for them Here.
They came packaged nicely, and arrived quickly too.  I bought them with the intentions of turning them into a unique set of Fall inspired jewelry.
So with some jewelry findings I went to work.
You could use jewelry wire too, which would have been easier to twist around the stems, but I didn't have any on hand that matched, so I made due.

I considered drilling a hole in the acorn but didn't want to risk cracking it. Living in the Sierra Mountain range, I only have access to pine combs, and couldn't fine any acorns to practice drilling.  So I wrapped the metal findings tight around the stems instead and then shaped a loop using my jewelry needle nose pliers.



I think they are super cute and will be so much fun to wear this Fall.
If you have any questions on how I made them just ask. I want to thank again the owner of My Crochet Shop, Annemarie.  She has a fabulous blog  Here, that I think you all will enjoy.
I might have to buy some more acorns from her shop. She has them in a few other colors too!  I know how to crochet, but not as well as her.  Besides I truly enjoy supporting other Etsy shop owners. Her work is creative and amazing, so make sure to check out her great shop and blog.

Make sure to check out our DIY page for more fun Fall and Halloween ideas (see right side bar).

Tip Junkie handmade projectsSee our Linky Love page for all the cool places I party at (see right side bar).

9 comments:

  1. Hey Mindie! Those are so cute!! Makes me want to take a walk and look for some acorns =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too late to read your idea. I was so much confused to give a gift to my sister on her birthday, at last I gifted pair of bangles. You share such a beautiful idea with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute, i Love the texture the crochet gives them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely perfect for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SO cute! I can see wearing them in several colors! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love projects that are innovative like this- part purchased part genious DIY. I live in a region with lots of oaks so say the word and I will send you some acorn caps

    www.mel-designs.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! You are a woman of many talents! Great picture too. Thank for linking up on my blog today and showing your support!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I am SO surprised to see what you made out of my acorns! It's absolutely gorgeous! I found a picture of this blog post on Craftgawker, I just didn't expect to find my acorns here LOL thanks so much!
    Best wishes from Holland,
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.