My Shop!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Halloween DIY Trash 2 Treasure Bear

Dose this bear look familiar?



I buy those animal crackers, in the bear tub for my husband, I mean children ;)
I have always wanted to recycle the bear for something, so this year I turned it into a fun Halloween decoration.

Here is what I used:

white, yellow, and orange spray paint
a permanent black marker
wire ribbon
scrap felt in orange, green, and light yellow (brown would work too)
hot glue
scissors
a clean plastic bear jar

How I did it:
First I removed the stickers and washed it clean. Rubbing alcohol will help take off any sticky mess left behind.  Then I spray painted it free hand, back side first.  The paint will run, and look sort of marbled and like stained glass. If you don't like this look, I suggest  not using spray paint and using a craft paint, and applying with a brush.
Once the paint is dry, I colored the eyes and nose back in with a marker.  Then I tied a bow around it and added my pumpkin.  I cut the pumpkin free hand, it was pretty easy.  It still smells a bit like spray paint, but when the odor wears off I am going to fill it with these..




I couldn't find my brown felt, but made do with a scrap of light yellow for the stem.



I think he turned out pretty cute.
I think I will have to pick up some more animal crackers and make one for Christmas too!

So are you tackling any early Halloween preparation?

See my Linky Love page for all the places I party at like a rock star.

7 comments:

  1. So cute, great craft for kids as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..we are so much a like..I'm doing something similar..not with the bear but you'll see when I do it. It just cracks me up that we had the same thought process on this..Your bear looks adorable!! You should totally do a Xmas one! I can't wait to see it :)
    Nicole
    Craftysoccermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute idea! Love it!

    www.ifonlylifecouldbethatsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw the thumbnail I thought it was a honey bottle. This makes more sense and can hold a lot more goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw cute!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    christinasadventures.com

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.