My Shop!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Easy & Nutritious Turkey Chili

My family loves to enjoy chili for dinner in the colder months.  This recipe of mine is super easy and nutritious.
Here is what you need:
10 oz can Mild Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
15.25 oz can No Salt Added Corn, drained
1 Pound Lean Ground Turkey
1/2 TBS Onion Powder
1/2 TBS Garlic Powder
1/4 TBS Chili Powder
2 (15 oz cans) of 50% less sodium Black Beans
2 (15.5 oz cans) Chili Beans (I used Walmart's Great Value Brand)
2 Large Ripe Tomatoes, Pealed & Diced
2 Small Packets of Truvia Sweetener or 4 tsp of sugar
1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce (any variety will work)

To prepare all you need to do is brown your lean ground turkey in a large pot over medium high heat.  I used a butter flavored non stick spray on my pot to prevent the lean turkey from sticking.  Once turkey is fully cooked, and broken up, add all of your other ingredients to pot.  Cover pot with lid, and bring to a boil.  Once you have a nice boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for 10 minutes.

Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, deli sliced Jalapenos (for heat), and serve Tortilla Chips on the side.


  1. Those chips look delish! I wish I cooked more or wanted to to atleast.

  2. This looks yummy! I am a huge fan of using Stevia to sweeten chili. It seems to blend quite well. I just got a bunch of fresh ground deer meat from my father in law, and I plan to make lots of chili with it! I may try your recipe too! I always enjoy variety. :)

  3. Looks great! I love chili in the cooler months!

  4. That looks SO good right now!

  5. This sounds like a wonderful recipe! Chili is just the right food for fall, I think! :)


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.