My Shop!

Looking For Something? Search This Blog.

Loading...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Felt Leaf Pin and Necklace DIY

Inspired by Lisa Storms, I decided to make myself a felt leaf necklace and felt leaf pin.
Lisa Storm made a leaf necklace that required some sewing, it was beautiful, but I wasn't feeling like turning on my sewing machine that day. 


 For this no sew necklace craft, you will need:

Suede jewelry cord
Jewelry glue
           3 Jewelry Crimps (like pictured below or similar)  
I Necklace Clasp
 3Jump Loops
Optional 1 Charm (I used a Tibetan Silver Leaf Charm)
           
Picture of 24 Silver Plated Ribbon Crimps

You will want to cut the cord as long as you would like your necklace.  I decided to use two different colors and double my cord.  You will use your jewelry pliers to attach the ends of your cords to the jewelry crimps. Then you can attach the clasp to the little hole in the crimps using your jump loops.  Once you have your felt leaves cut out and decorated with your jewelry cord.  You will attach them to a jewelry crimp as well.  Then you can use your jump loop to hang them on your necklace cord.



For the Clip/pin:

You will need to cut out a bunch of felt leaves.  This is a great project to use up your scraps.
I hot glued all the leaves together in a pattern I liked.  Then I cut out a small felt circle for the center, and glued it down on top of the leaves.  Then I glued a single pearl to the center.  To finish it, I glued the flower to my pin/clip. The back of the clip is pictured below.  You can use it as a clip or pin.  You could even clip it to a headband.



The colors are a little brighter then I usually wear, but I think it will be fun to wear at Thanksgiving.
Happy Fall Crafting!


PS, have you had a chance to enter this weeks earring give away?
 To enter head HERE, ends 11/2/11 @ Noon PST

To see where I link to, check out my Linky Love page.

4 comments:

  1. How very creative! You are so talented!! I am now your newest follower, via the creative bloggers' hop! I hope you will follow me, too! Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the most adorable things! Where do you come up with all the ideas??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute! Thanks for linking to OAM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very festive girl!!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.