My Shop!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Mini Pumpkin/Jack-o-lantern Pots

When I saw some cute tiny 24 cent terra cotta pots at Walmart, I knew I had to make something cute out of them. 

 This mini jack-o-lantern was super easy to make.  You could always skip the face and leave it as a pumpkin, or do what I do, after Halloween, I turn the face around, so you can leave them up through Thanksgiving.

Here is what you will need:

Orange spray paint (or you can skip this, and leave them terra cotta color)
Permanent marker
Brown pipe cleaner
Green felt scraps

Spray paint pot and let dry .  Draw on face with markers (optional). Cut 4 short pieces of pipe cleaner for stem, and twist them together.  Then stick pipe cleaner in the whole in the pot to make your stem, along with a felt leaf.  Great project for the kids to join in on the fun. Since they cost pennies to make, they would make great Halloween favors too.

See my Linky Love page for all the places I link too :)


  1. Love these! Going to have to run to Walmart! Lorie @ Reading Confetti

  2. Those are really cute! Gonna have to go back to Walmart.

  3. So adorable! Thanks for linking at One Artsy Mama! And yay for good deals at Walmart!

  4. How cute! I will be doing this one with my kids!

    Hop'n by from 'Creative Bloggers Party & Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

    Krafty Max Originals


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.