My Shop!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Tree Craft

I am going to call this my Grinch Tree, it reminds me of one you would see in the movie.  It is a frugal, earth friendly craft, as most of mine are.  Can you guess what it is made of?
Did you guess right?
Yes this tree is made from an empty punch bottle.

Here is all you need:

Empty plastic juice container (like pictured above)
1 Green Fuzzy Ball
Hot Glue
And anything else you would like to decorate your tree with (beads, pearls, buttons, etc.)

First glue your end piece of yarn down to the bottom side of your plastic bottle. Keep wrapping the yarn around the bottle moving your way to the top of the bottle/tree. Keep wrapping even past the very top of the plastic bottle, until you get the whimsical look for the top of the tree that you want, wrapping the yarn around your fuzzy green ball for the very top of the tree.

.  The very top of the tree is all yarn, it extends a bit of above the plastic bottle.  You don't have to do it this way, but I like how the tree looks sort of spiralled at the top.  Hot glue down the end piece of yarn.  Then decorate with your twine and other items you chose to use, hot gluing your decorations down carefully as you go.

 If you make a tree, I would love for you to come share it here at Bacon Time at our weekly link party, Friday -Monday and at our ongoing Winter linky (see right side bar).


  1. So cute and creative! It does remind me of the Grinch Tree! I love ideas of fun crafts that can be made with the kids without having to buy anything!

  2. That's adorable!! I think you should make like 10 of em! :) 10 little grinch trees...I think I'm gonna do that. :)

  3. Very cute!

    Thanks for sharing at Calling All Crafters!

  4. This is the goofiest thing I've seen yet this Christmas. I love it and I love your sense of humor. Keep it up and I'll be back.

  5. This is awesome! I'd love to make a whole bunch of these and group them together with some of my Grinch Decorations! Pinning this one for next year!

  6. Cute! I totally thought of the Grinch when I saw the picture.

  7. I love this idea, i'm not sure I'll be patient enough to cover a whole bottle in twine but it does look great

  8. love this idea!!

    Thanks for linking up to serenity Saturday. Hope you can join us again this week

    Natasha xx


Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.