My Shop!

Looking For Something? Search This Blog.

Loading...

Sunday, November 6, 2011

DIY Snowman Earrings


I am so excited to share all of my Winter crafts I have been working on.  I must admit, I have been a craft junkie recently.  I just love Christmas crafting.
Why don't we start with these snowman earrings. You don't need to wait for Christmas to wear these little guys.  It is already snowing here in Northern Cali. So why not wear a pair of snowman earrings.

 Here is what you need for this easy project:


Faux pearls in 4 different sizes
Small clear beads
Black scrap fabric
Black permanent marker
Earring findings (like pictured below)

Needle nose jewelry pliers
Wire cutters
Scissors

First place one small clear bead on your long earring finding (this small bead will keep the larger pearl bead from falling off).  Then add three pearl beads, largest to smallest. Then add a small circular scrap of black fabric. Next add your smallest pearl bead, that you will later color black with marker. Trim with wire cutters if needed any excess metal, leaving only enough room to make a small loop with your needle nose pliers.  Before pinching shut your loop, attach to the loop on your earring finding. To finish your dangling snowman earrings, color the top pearl for the hat black.  Then add eyes, smile, and buttons with the marker as well to the head of your snowmen. Optional, use an orange permanent marker to make a small carrot nose. 

These are fun to wear during the colder months, and make great ladies stocking stuffers or party favors too.
To see where I party, head to my "Linky Love" page!


12 comments:

  1. Aw those are cute! I like that they're not too complicated to make. Cute stuff doesn't need to be complicated! I feel inspired to make some similar with larger beads, for my Christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH!!! Those are freakin' adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO going to make these! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I wasn't going to click on your Tip Junky link -- but these just made me chuckle. So very merry and cute ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable Mindie! I am lovin' your new blog design as well! I would love you to join my new link party Friday Frolic and link up your cute projects! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute and perfect for the holidays! id love for you to link up to my fashion linky called diy diva thursdays! we party every th-m!

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    visitng from tt&j

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your snowmen. I will make some for our Christmas tree. Many thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! So glad you linked up with us! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. They will surely put a smile on one's face. I make Snowmen earrings every year to give to anyone that will wear them and people love them. Thanks for a place to share our crafts.

    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Mindie,

    Love these earrings!!
    I have featured them on this weeks link party!
    and also the snowmen bottles as well
    feel free to grab an 'I've been featured' button

    Hope to see you there again today

    Natasha xx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these, I am going to make a pair for each of my beloved female family members.

    ReplyDelete

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.